Getting hearing aids is a big decision and a smart investment towards your future quality of life. Before you make the decision, consider these tips to help ensure you get the best hearing aids for your needs.
- Do speak with a hearing professional about situations you want to hear and communicate in better.
- Do bring a third party or significant other with you to the appointment.
- Do ask about follow-up care plans and what to expect from your new hearing aids.
- Do be honest with your hearing professional about where and when you struggle to hear and understand.
- Do ask about payment plans if the cost is a concern.
- Don’t make your choice based just on the cost of the hearing aid.
- Don’t assume your hearing loss is “normal” for your age. Hearing loss is never normal.
- Don’t skip the service plan. Your hearing needs change over time and a service plan will make sure your hearing professional will be able to have your aids adapt with you.
- Don’t buy hearing aids from anyone who doesn’t test your hearing.
- Don’t pick a hearing aid based on buzz words. Choose hearing aids that will help you when and where you want help.
For more tips, contact us today.