Hearing aids batteries keep our ears going! Here are some quick do’s and don’ts to get the most out of your hearing aid batteries.
- Do let your batteries rest for one min after you pull the tab off and before you put it into your hearing aid.
- Do throw your battery away if your hearing aid gets wet.
- Do carry extra batteries with you at all times.
- Do open your battery door at night when you take your hearing aids off.
- Do use a battery tester to check your batteries.
- Don’t store your batteries in the refrigerator or the bathroom.
- Don’t store your hearing aid with the battery in it for an extended period of time.
- Don’t forget to check the expiration date when you purchase your batteries.
- Don’t leave batteries where children and/or pets could find and potentially swallow them.
- Don’t open batteries or pull off the tabs until you are ready to use them.
For more tips, reach out to your hearing healthcare professional. If you don’t have a hearing care provider, we can help you find one in your area.