Hearing loss doesn't only affect the person who has it. It also affects spouses, family members and friends.
Physically, the inability to hear warning sounds or the voices of dependents could potentially put lives in danger. Emotionally, the impact can resonate throughout family and social circles — from frustration with repeating things over and over, to sadness at seeing a loved one isolate themselves from the people and activities they enjoy. Convincing someone to seek help for hearing loss is not always easy, but it’s the right thing to do.
How You Can Help
- Talk to your loved one about their hearing concerns
- Gently remind them of their hearing loss every time you "translate" or repeat something for them
- Encourage them to visit a hearing professional to get their hearing tested and their questions answered
- Offer to schedule and attend a hearing consultation with them
- Remind them they have nothing to lose and so much to gain by treating their hearing loss
Help a loved one today - Contact Us for a Consultation