Your Hearing Aid Specialists Are Here to Help
Your Custom Hearing Aid Awaits You
Hearing loss can rob you of your enjoyment of life and make it difficult to interact with your loved ones and the world around you. If you think you may have even mild hearing loss, it’s time to consult a hearing aid specialist. Pueblo & Canon City Hearing Aid is a team of hearing aid specialists who perform thorough hearing evaluations and deliver innovative hearing protection solutions to our valued patients in Pueblo and Canon City, Colorado. We’re pleased to provide all types of hearing aids, including custom hearing aids.
Noise Exposure Levels: What Does the WHO Recommend?
Unsafe levels of noise exposure can come from environmental sources (e.g. power tools, road traffic, and industrial equipment) and from personal audio devices. Whatever the source of the noise is, there are limits on what human ears can safely handle. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that people avoid noise exposure levels that exceed 70 decibels (dB) over a 24-hour time period. Over a one-hour time period, the recommended upper limit is 85 dB. For comparison, the average dishwasher operates at about 80 dB.
Hearing Protection: Signs That You Need It
If you aren’t sure whether you need to talk to our hearing aid specialist about getting a custom hearing aid, consider whether you might have any of the following signs of potential hearing loss:
- You’ve noticed that speech and other sounds seem muffled.
- You’re frequently turning up the volume on the TV or radio.
- You have trouble hearing consonants.
- You often have trouble understanding conversation, particularly if there is background noise.
- You frequently ask people to repeat what they’ve said.
- You have trouble understanding phone conversations.
How Can You Protect Yourself From Hearing Damage?
Hearing loss is highly detrimental to the quality of life, but fortunately, it’s often preventable. Start by keeping the volume of the TV and personal audio devices at a reasonable level. Then, consider your typical exposure to loud noises. If you work in a noisy environment, such as a plant or construction site, try to take breaks to get away from sources of noise. In addition, always wear hearing protection, such as earplugs, when near sources of loud noises.
How Will a Custom Hearing Aid Help You?
If you’ve already suffered hearing loss, taking the above steps for hearing loss prevention can help keep the problem from getting worse. You’ll also want to talk to our hearing aid specialist about getting a custom hearing aid. With a custom hearing aid, you’ll be able to interact with others normally again without asking them to speak up. Plus, we completely personalize our custom hearing aids, matching them to your unique ear size and anatomy. The result is a completely comfortable, perfectly-fitted hearing solution.
Types of Custom Hearing Solutions in Pueblo
Our hearing loss specialists in Canon City and Pueblo are pleased to offer multiple styles of custom hearing solutions. These are as follows:
- Behind-the-ear – One of our most popular options, the custom behind-the-ear hearing aid has two main parts. The custom earpiece fits within the ear canal. It’s connected with a small tube to the processor and microphone, which tuck discreetly behind the ear.
- Receiver-in-ear – This hearing aid is quite similar to the behind-the-ear hearing aid. However, it has a tiny wire instead of a small tube connecting the two main components. In addition, the component that tucks behind the ear tends to be less visible.
- Completely-in-canal – A completely-in-canal hearing aid is molded to fit precisely within your ear canal. This small hearing aid is quite discreet, and it doesn’t readily pick up wind noise.
- In-the-ear – These custom hearing solutions are ideal for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. In-the-ear hearing aids can either fill almost the entire crevice of the outer ear or only the lower part of the crevice. These hearing aids often offer volume control.
Our hearing specialists will help you choose the right type of custom hearing solution for your needs and lifestyle.
Contact Us Today for the Best Hearing Protection
The team at Pueblo & Canon City Hearing Aid looks forward to meeting you and helping you live life better with restored hearing. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a hearing evaluation and a custom hearing solution. Our offices are conveniently located in Pueblo and Canon City, CO.